There is a number of different transportation options available to the delegates:
- Arriving at Cork International Airport: Cork Airport is the principal international gateway to the South of Ireland and is conveniently located just 8 kilometres from Cork City Centre. There are frequent connecting flights from Amsterdam, Paris or London to Cork plus numerous direct flights to UK airports. Everything you need to know about Cork Airport, including transport connections, is available on the Cork Airport website.
- Bus from Dublin Airport to Cork City: Aircoach and GoBus operate a direct service from Dublin Airport to Cork city centre. The journey takes approximately 3 and half hours and the single adult fare is usually between €18-€21.
- Bus Dublin City to Cork City: Aircoach offers direct buses from Dublin city centre (Westmoreland Street) to Cork city centre (Patrick’s Quay). Expressway runs buses every two others from Dublin’s main bus station Busaras to Cork’s main bus station, Parnell Place. The prices for single fare range between €10-€16.
- Train Dublin City to Cork City:To get the train from Dublin to Cork you need to go to Heuston Station, Dublin. Trains to Cork leave every hour, and details of schedules and fares are available at the Irish Rail The journey will take approximately 3 hours and the single ticket varies between €15-€30 per person. It may be considerably cheaper to book train tickets online rather than at the ticket office in the train station.
- Cork City Transportation: Cork City as well as the university campus are easy to navigate and both within walking distance from each other, however, UCC is also served by public transport by two city bus routes (No 205 and No 208). Bus Eireann operates the bus services in Cork city. The number 205 departs from Cork Kent train station, and connects to UCC via the city centre’s St. Patrick Street, not far from Parnell Bus Station, the main bus station. The number 208 departs from the city centre St Patrick’s Street and stops at the UCC. Nearest bus stops at UCC are located on College Road / O’Donovan’s Road (Route No 205) and Western Road (Route No 208). Timetables and fare details are available here.