EuroSoTL-Bridging Boundaries through the Scholarship of Teaching & Learning June 8, 2015
EuroSoTL: Bridging Boundaries through the Scholarship of Teaching & Learning -June 8 & 9, 2015
Number of places available: 260
Registration for this event is now closed.
The 2015 European Conference on the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning will be held at Brookfield Health Science Building, University College Cork, Cork, Ireland on June 8th and 9th, 2015 and will look at the role of scholarship of teaching and learning in bridging boundaries in Higher Education
Many national initiatives are emphasising a scholarship of teaching and learning approach. But, do we always know what is meant by this? What does it mean in theory and what does it mean in practice? How can scholarship of teaching and learning help us to tackle some of the key challenges higher education is currently facing, and help institutions stay focused on quality student learning?
This conference will address these general themes and we welcome submission of abstracts for papers, posters, workshop/panels and Pecha-Kucha style presentations.
Questions to be addressed might include:
– How does a SoTL approach help bridge boundaries between languages, cultures, nations, or between academia and society?
– What role does SoTL play in breaking down disciplinary silos or supporting interdisciplinary work?
– How can we inform the changing roles and expectations of students and teachers in Higher Education?
– Is SoTL assisting the cultural shift involved in building digital literacy?
– How is SoTL informing key transitions in the student’s journey?
Student Flat Rate
- €50.00 -Student Registration
Early Bird Registration from December 8th to March 30th, 2015:
- €150 - ISSOTL Members
- €170 – Non-members
Full-rate Price from March 31st, 2015:
- €170 – ISSOTL Members
- €200 – Non-members
- All Registrations are inclusive of the Conference Dinner fee.
- UCC Staff Conference Dinner : €30
- Please indicate your intention to attend the Welcome Reception and/or Conference Dinner as only those Registered may attend the Conference Dinner.
0.000000 tickets available
Les Mondes Culturels de l’Enfant- 01/07/2014-05/07/2014Select options
9th European GIS in Education Seminar (EUGISES): GI Education for a Spatially-enabled Society, 4th-7th September 2014Select options
Vitamin D & Health in Europe: current and future perspectives, 5-6 September 2017Select options